The Review Widget helps collect and display your product reviews on the product pages. You can customize the Review Widget by going to Settings > Review Widget. In this article, we'll go through all customizations for Widget 3.0 in detail.
- Customize the Review Widget
- Collect & display reviews with the Review Widget
Example of the Review Widget 3.0:
- You can install the Review Widget during the onboarding process after adding our app from the apps store. If you haven't, please follow our installation guide.
- If you need some inspiration for your Review Widget, check out our examples page.
- If you are using Widget 2.0, learn how to customize your Review Widget here.
Customize the Review Widget
Some settings are available on the Awesome plan
In the Widget Header, you can customize:
- Widget Color: choose colors for different elements of your widgets.
- Primary color: This color will be applied to buttons, stars, links, and upvote buttons. (*Note: the star color here only applies to the review widgets. If you want to set a different color for the Preview Badge stars, please choose the color in Preview Badge Settings.)
- Secondary color: This color will be applied to the background of the review replies/Q&A, selected options, section divisors, and other secondary elements. We suggest the use of lighter color than your primary color.
- Judge.me Medals: add Judge.me medals to your widgets.
- If the medals are displayed on the Review Widget of a product, it will reflect the reviews of that specific product.
- If the medals are displayed on the All Reviews Page and Floating Reviews Tab, they will reflect the total reviews of your stores.
- Widget Media Grid: display a grid of your most recent review photos and videos.
- Widget Review Text Header: customize texts for the header title and "collected by Judge.me", which is linked to Judge.me's Authenticity policy. This is to inform your reviewers that the reviews you collected are from actual buyers.
- Widget Header: customize texts for the widget title, button labels, display/hide the widget search bar, etc.
- Widget Rating Filter: display/hide the rating filter, change the filter color, and customize the drop-down texts.
In the Widget Body, you can customize:
- Review Timestamps: display/hide the timestamp for each review and choose the date format (e.g. mm/dd/yyyy).
- Review Photos and Videos: allow reviewers to submit review photos and videos.
- Look and Feel: display/hide the widget border, customize the review length, and verified buyer badge color.
- Border Style: choose either the square or round corner for your widget.
- Pagination Type: choose either the standard pagination (1,2,3,...) or the "load more" button on your widget
- Shop and Reviewer Details: choose your shop name when replying to reviewers, display/hide country flag, reviewer location, etc.
- Product Prefix Text: display/hide product URL for grouped products, choose prefix text for product titles in reviews.
- Review Engagement: display/hide the social share and upvote buttons.
- Review & Question Pagination: choose the number of reviews to display on each page of the widget.
In the Widget Form, you can customize:
- Widget Form Preset Rating: choose either or not to preset the rating to 5.
- Widget Review Form: customize the widget form fields, placeholders, and success message.
- Q/A Widget Texts: customize the Q&A form fields, placeholders, and success message.
- Email Review Follow-up: customize the content for the review follow-up email sent after the review is submitted.
Available on the Awesome plan
You can choose among the 4 themes: Default, Cards (Leex), Align, and Slider. See real examples of each widget theme here.
Collect & display reviews with the Review Widget
- Besides the review request emails, you can collect reviews directly on your product page via the Review Widget. These reviews can be verified if both of these conditions are satisfied:
- Judge.me can detect any fulfilled orders associated with the reviews.
- The reviewers have confirmed their reviews by clicking on the link in the review verification emails.
- AggregateRating will be added to your Review Widget if you have at least 1 review. This will help you display your star ratings in the search results.
- Reviewers can change their display name, and display name format, as well as display/hide their profile image when submitting a review on your Review Widget. They can also edit and delete the reviews they submitted.
- In Review Widget > Review Curation, you can choose how you'd like to manage your reviews:
- Enable/disable the review auto-publish feature.hoose the minimum rating for auto-publishing.
- Enable/disable the option to submit web reviews (via the Review Widget).
- Enable/disable the spam filter.
- Censor or hide reviews containing Personal Identifiable Information.
- Enable/disable the profanity filter.
- If you would like to change the position of the Review Widget, or if it's not appearing in your theme for any reason, just write to us at email@example.com and we will manually go over your case.
- You can make changes directly using CSS if you prefer.
- We also have a more detailed article that covers troubleshooting for the Review Widget across a few different cases.