The Judge.me Widget 3.0 are redesigned to be more trendy, user-friendly, and better showcase your reviews with a new widget theme (Slider), custom form template, and various features such as pinning reviews and customizing border styles. You can upgrade to Widget 3.0 with one click from your settings.
In this article, we'll explain more about the new features you can find in Widget 3.0.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- New review widget theme: Carousel/Slider
- Pin reviews in the widget
- Choose widget primary and secondary colors
- More customizations for the Widget Header
- More customizations for the Widget Body
- Redesigned Widget Form
- New question type and template in custom forms
1. New review widget theme: Slider
We've added a new widget theme called Carousel/Slider is added, while also adapting the 3 existing themes to the new widget design. You can find it in Settings > Review Widget > Widget Themes > Widget Themes.
The Slider theme lets you display your reviews in a Slider layout, where each review is displayed as a card. Customers c click on the arrows to move back and forth, or click on each card to see the full review.
2. Pin reviews in the widget
You can "pin" some specific reviews to always display them on top, regardless of the filters your customer may apply. To pin reviews, simply go to the Reviews dashboard (judge.me/index) and click on the "Pin" icon.
3. Choose widget primary and secondary colors
You can customize your widget elements with a primary color and secondary color in Settings > Review Widget > Widget Header > Widget Color:
- Primary color: This color will be applied to buttons, star ratings, links, and upvote buttons.
- Secondary color: This color will be applied to the background of the review replies/Q&A, selected options, section divisors, and other secondary elements. We suggest the use of lighter color than your primary color.
This setting will update the star color for Judge.me widgets. If you want to set a different color for the Preview Badge stars, please choose the color in Preview Badge Settings.
4. More customizations for the Widget Header
4.1. Add Judge.me Medals
Consumers can rely on Judge.me medals that are awarded to stores as an indicator of transparency and authenticity. Stores obtain Transparency medals if they publish at least 80% of the total verified reviews they receive, and stores are awarded Authenticity medals if at least 80% of the reviews they publish are verified reviews.
4.2. Customize the Widget Media Grid
You can customize the title of your media grid and add a link to view more photos in the grid. Find this setting in Settings > Review Widget > Widget Header > Widget Media Grid.
4.3. Display “collected by Judge.me” by default
Letting consumers know how reviews are collected and managed is essential to help you comply with the EU Consumer Protection Act. This also explains how Judge.me verified buyer badge works to indicate review quality.
This feature is enabled automatically by default on Widget 3.0. It is also available in existing Judge.me widgets (Widgets 2.0) but not enabled by default. You can find it in Settings > Review Widget > Widget Header > Widget Review Text Header.
5. More customizations for the Widget Body
5.1. Choose border Style
You can select the square or round corner for your review widget in Settings > Review Widget > Widget Body > Border Style. This will be applied to widget containers, star rating bars, buttons, images, search input, etc.
5.2. Choose pagination type
You can choose either standard pagination (1 2 3 4..) or a “Load More” button in Settings > Review Widget > Widget Body > Pagination Type. The "Load More" button will be either square or round depending on the border style setting. This feature is also available in existing Judge.me widgets (Widgets 2.0).
"Load More" button
6. Redesigned Widget Form
In the new widget form, we have rearranged the order of the fields to make it more user-friendly:
- Put star rating first, name/email later
- Upload photo & video in the same media field
To customize your widget form fields, go to Settings > Review Widget > Widget Form > Widget Review Form.
7. New question type and template in custom forms
A new default template called Demographic questions.