Have several customers that post about your products and tag you on Instagram? Now you can connect your Instagram account with Judge.me and display those user-generated content on your Shopify store.
UGC Media Grid is a free feature and is only available on Shopify now.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Step 1: Connect your Instagram account
- Step 2: Enabled your UGC Media Grid
- Step 3: Customize your UGC Media Grid
- Step 4: Publish your Instagram posts & add products
Follow these steps to enable and customize the UGC Media Grid:
Step 1: Connect your Instagram account
- From Judge.me admin dashboard, go to Settings > Other Widgets > UGC Media Grid > UGC Media Grid Installation. If you haven't connected your Facebook & Instagram accounts before, you'll see a Log in button.
- Click on the Log in button.
- Follow the steps to authorize Judge.me to use your Facebook/Instagram data. Make sure to turn on all the permissions listed, otherwise the related features may not work properly in Judge.me. Click Done.
- After you are connected, click on the Use this account button.
Re-authorize Judge.me if you connected to Facebook & Instagram before
If you connected your Facebook & Instagram to Judge.me before we launch the UGC Media Grid (e.g. for the social push or Facebook Reviews Tab), you will need re-authorize Judge.me to be able to use this feature. It's because the UGC Media Grid needs more permissions to access your data on Instagram (i.e. read & publish your tagged photos). In this case, you will see an error as below.
Follow these steps to re-authenticate Judge.me:
- Go to Settings > Social Media > Facebook & Instagram Authentication. If you are in UGC Media Grid Installation, simply click on the Facebook authentication setting link.
- Deselect the Instagram/Facebook account, then click on the link to disable integration and clear all authentication.
- Click Login again
- Make sure you have granted all permissions to Judge.me.
- Click Use this account
Step 2: Enabled your UGC Media Grid
- Toggle the bar to enable the UGC Media Grid. The widget will be installed at the bottom of your Shopify store homepage.
- If you are using Theme 2.0 such as Dawn, follow this guide to install the UGC Media Grid in Shopify's theme editor.
- You need to publish at least one Instagram post in UGC Media Grid Dashboard for the widget to display, check step 4 for more information.
Step 3: Customize your UGC Media Grid
- To customize your UGC Media Grid, go to Settings > Other Widgets > UGC Media Grid > UGC Media Grid Installation.
- You can customize the widget max width, title, subtitle, arrows color, button text, background color, text color, button border, button border radius, etc.
- After you are done, click Save settings.
Button types and customization options
- Primary button: A button linking to your product page. To see this button, you need to add a product to your Instagram post in the UGC dashboard (see step 4). You can customize the button text, color, border, etc. as you want.
- Secondary button: A button used to load more posts. You need to publish more than 6 posts to see this button. You can customize the button text, color, border, etc. as you want.
- Reviews button: Same as the Primary button, you can link this button to the Review Widget of the related product. If you are qualified for a Judge.me Reviews Page, you can choose to link to your review site listing instead.
Example of Primary button and Reviews button
Step 4: Publish your Instagram posts & add products
After finishing customizing the widget, you can start fetching the Instagram posts and publish them on your store.
- From the settings, click to go to the UGC Media Grid Dashboard.
- Here, click on the "loading arrow" icon to fetch the posts from Instagram. The images you are tagged on Instagram will be displayed below.
- Choose the post you want, then click Publish.
- You can also add a Shopify product to your Instagram post. For example, choose a product that is mentioned by the customer in the post. This will add a Buy Now button linking to your product page when you publish the post in the UGC widget.
- After you publish the posts, check the UGC Media Grid on your homepage to see the results. You can hide the posts that you published before.
- If you publish or hide any posts, it may take up to 10 minutes for the widget to be updated.