This installation guide is applied for Dawn and other Shopify themes in Online Stores 2.0. Shopify has upgraded its theme architecture in Online Store 2.0, so you can install Judge.me widgets (Preview Badge stars, Review Widget, etc.) by adding app blocks in Shopify's Theme Editor. In this article, we'll walk you through the step-by-step instructions to install our widgets on your store.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Step 1: Open the Shopify's Theme Editor
- Step 2: Enable the App Embed
- Step 3: Install the widgets by adding app blocks
Step 1: Open the Shopify's Theme Editor
- After adding Judge.me from the Shopify apps store, you have two options to install our widgets:
- Installation by Judge.me (for all themes)
- Installation by You (for Dawn and other themes in Online Store 2.0)
- To install the widgets using Shopify's Theme Editor, click Installation by You.
- On the next screen, you can see quick instructions to install the Review Widget and Preview Badge Stars. Click Go to Shopify Theme Editor to start adding the widgets. *Note: If you are not ready, click Skip for now, then you can install the widgets in Shopify's Theme Editor later by going to Online Store > Themes > Current theme > Customize.
Step 2: Enable the App Embed
- For all the widgets to work, please make sure to enable the App Embed in Shopify's Theme Editor by choosing Theme Settings at the bottom left.
- When the Theme Settings panel appears on the right, click on the App Embeds tab.
- Toggle the bar to enable the Judge.me Core Snippet, then click Save.
Make sure to enable the Judge.me Code Snippet before you install any widgets because it contains the code needed and shared by multiple widgets (e.g. it controls which reviews show up on the widgets). In other words, our widgets are dependent on the Judge.me Code Snippet, so you need to enable it in order for the widgets to function correctly.
Step 3: Install the widgets by adding app blocks
1. Preview Badge stars
The Preview Badge helps you display the star rating and the number of reviews for a specific product. This badge helps your visitors quickly assess your products and add relevant social proof to improve your shop's conversion rate. You can install and customize the Preview Badge on our Forever Free plan.
- How to install the Preview Badge stars in Shopify's Theme Editor
- How to customize the Preview Badge stars (choose star color, customize text, etc.)
2. Review Widget
The Review Widget helps you collect and display reviews and star ratings for a specific product. This widget serves as social proof on your product pages, allowing your customers to evaluate your products, and provides additional information on top of your product descriptions. You can install the Review Widget and choose star color on our Forever Free plan, while the three widget themes and full customizations can be unlocked on our Awesome plan ($15/month).
- How to install the Review Widget in Shopify's Theme Editor
- How to customize the Review Widget (choose star color & theme, customize text, etc.)
3. Reviews Carousel
The Reviews Carousel helps you display a carousel of featured reviews on any page of your store. This helps you showcase your best reviews and win the trust of your visitors, as well as upsell your most-loved products. You can install, choose among six carousel themes, and customize the Review Carousel on our Forever Free plan.
- How to install the Reviews Carousel in Shopify's Theme Editor
- How to customize the Reviews Carousel (choose theme, customize text & reviews display format, etc.)
4. Floating Reviews Tab
The Floating Reviews Tab helps you add a floating tab with reviews on the side of your pages. Upon clicking on this tab, a pop-over opens for you to showcase and collects more reviews. This lightweight version of the All Reviews Page helps you convince shop visitors to buy when they are browsing through your shop. You can install and customize the Floating Reviews Tab on our Awesome plan ($15/month).
- How to install the Floating Reviews Tab in Shopify's Theme Editor
- How to customize the Floating Reviews Tab (choose tab button text and color, customize title, choose theme, etc.)
5. Verified Reviews Count Badge
The Verified Reviews Count Badge shows the total number of verified reviews and the average rating of all these reviews. This badge can link visitors to your All Reviews Page. You are recommended to place this widget at the footer of your store. The badge design will change as your number of verified reviews increases. The Verified Reviews Count Badge is a feature of our Forever Free plan.
- How to install the Verified Reviews Count Badge in Shopify's Theme Editor
- Learn more about the criteria of each badge level
6. All Reviews Text
The All Reviews Text helps you display the total number of verified reviews and the average rating of all these reviews. This widget adds another social proof to the footer of your store to increase the conversion rate. You can install the All Reviews Text on our Forever Free plan.
- How to install the All Reviews Text in Shopify's Theme Editor
- How to customize the All Reviews Text (add star icons)
7. Judge.me Medals
The Judge.me Medals showcase the quality and quantity of your reviews. Such medals are strong indicators that help your customers "judge" the trustworthiness of your store and make better buying decisions. You can install the Judge.me Medals on our Forever Free plan.