Judge.me provides you two ways to prevent spam reviews on your store:
1. Restrict web reviews creation
You can find it in Settings > Review Widget > Review Curation > Web Reviews.
- Restrict review creation: This hides the “write-a-review” button so it is not possible to leave a review via the widget on the website. Reviews creation is restricted to (a) verified buyers from our review requests, or (b) programmatically via API.
- Heavy restriction enabled: Besides hiding the “write-a-review” button, API requests are also disabled, so spammers with bots/code that target shops will not be able to create fake reviews.
2. Turn on the web reviews spam filter
You can find it in Settings > Review Widget > Review Curation > Web Reviews Spam Filter. When you enable this feature, Judge.me will detect and filter out spam reviews from Web and API.
- When you enable this, Judge.me will detect and filter out spam reviews coming from the "write-a-review" form on your webpages as well as via API using a third party spam filter.
- You can use this setting to filter out spam if you want to continue to allow review creation via the web and API (so if you want to be less restrictive and disable the two settings above).