Here are some typical topics that Google will point out after a manual store review:
- Is the 5-star rating pre-selected in your review form?
- Can anyone leave a review on your store?
- What does the Verified badge mean?
- You have fewer than 50 verified reviews.
- Reviews are about shipping and delivery / Reviews have no relevant content.
- Reviews are not present on their associated URLs.
- URLs in the feed are showing a "404 Page Not Found".
- Reviewer name is unsupported.
- Reviews that contain personal information.
- Many reviews are duplicated in the feed.
1. Is the 5-star rating pre-selected in your review form?
To make sure the 5-star reviews you received are genuine, Google may require you to turn off the 5-star pre-selection in your review form. You can disable this feature in Settings > Review Widget > Widget Form > Widget Form Preset Rating.
2. Can anyone leave a review on your store?
According to Google's Product Ratings program policies, you have to "submit reviews that were honestly solicited from customers who made a purchase", so you may need to limit the ability of non-buyers to leave a review on your store. You can enable web reviews restriction here in Settings > Review Widget > Review Curation > Web Reviews.
3. What does the Verified badge mean?
Judge.me will add a Verified badge to your verified reviews. Verified reviews include reviews submitted by customers with fulfilled orders or imported reviews with proof of authenticity.
4. You have fewer than 50 verified reviews.
According to Google's Product Ratings program policies, "you must have a minimum of 50 reviews in your Product Ratings feed". If you haven't reached the threshold, please continue to collect more verified reviews using review request emails. You can also check in the reviews dashboard if you have any unpublished reviews. If you do have some, your store is showing fewer reviews than you have earlier reported to Google. Please publish these reviews to reach the threshold.
5. Reviews are about shipping and delivery / Reviews have no relevant content.
Reviews about "shipping and delivery, experiences with particular merchants" are considered "off-topic reviews" in Google Shopping. Most of these reviews probably come from your shop-level reviews in Judge.me, so we recommend you remove your shop-level reviews from your reviews feed. To do that, please go to Settings > Advanced > Google Product Reviews Feed > Review Feed Advanced Settings > Shop-level reviews, then toggle the bar to "on" so that the feed will exclude reviews with keywords that Google dislikes (shipping, services, delivery, etc.). If your customers submit reviews with empty content, you can consider reminding them to update their reviews.
6. Reviews are not present on their associated URLs.
To provide shoppers with a transparent and comprehensive experience, Google requires you to share all product reviews, including low-star reviews. Reviews that are currently curated as hidden will also show in the feed, so you have to either publish or archive these reviews. Please also note that Google won't accept a feed with only 4- and 5-star reviews.
7. URLs in the feed are showing a "404 Page Not Found".
You can solve this error by removing the "Out of store products" from your product ratings feed. To do that, please go to Settings > Advanced > Google Product Reviews Feed > Review Feed Advanced Settings > Out of store products. Then the feed will exclude reviews for out of store products.
8. Reviewer name is unsupported.
You can change the display of the Reviewer name to "using initials after the first name, e.g. John S." or "using initials for the entire review name, e.g. J.S." To do that, please go to Settings > Advanced > Google Product Reviews Feed > Review Feed Advanced Settings > Review name.
9. Reviews that contain personal information.
Due to the "Personal and confidential information" in Google's Product Ratings program policies, you have to remove any personal information of your reviewers from the review title or body.
10. Many reviews are duplicated in the feed.
Google doesn't allow duplicated reviews in your review feed. If you encounter this issue, please review your product group settings. A review can be shared among multiple products, yet you need to make sure that this is done by using our product group feature and not by (manually) duplicating reviews.