At some point, you may need to exclude some products, customers, and orders from the review request schedule. For example, you already collect reviews from some specific customers and don't want to send duplicate requests to them. In this case, Blacklist Automation by Tags is a useful feature for you! In this article, we will show you how to add tags to stop sending review requests.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Blacklist your products with judgeme_excluded tag
- Blacklist your products with your custom tag
- Blacklist your customers with judgeme_excluded tag
- Blacklist your orders with judgeme_excluded tag
- Blacklist Automation by Tags helps you stop sending the review requests to any products, customers, and orders which are tagged in the blacklist. To access this feature, go to Settings > Review Requests > Conditions > Blacklist Automation by Tags.
- In your settings, the default tag named judgeme_excluded is already added, so you can add this tag to your Shopify products, orders, or customers.
It will take approximately two hours for all tags to be updated. To help prevent errors, try to add all the tags as a single batch, and minimize changes. Try not to add and remove new tags repeatedly.
1. Add tags to stop sending out review requests
1.1. Blacklist your products with judgeme_excluded tag
- Go to the Products Dashboard > Choose the products you want to blacklist > More actions > Add tags
- Enter judgeme_excluded > Save
1.2. Blacklist your products with your custom tag
- Besides the judgeme_excluded tag, you can also add your custom tag to blacklist some products so the system won't send the review requests.
- For example, you can create a tag named bonusfreegift for those free products that don't need a review.
- To add your custom tag, go to Blacklist Automation by Tags, and type your tag in the box. Then save your settings.
- After creating the tags, go to the Shopify Products dashboard and add the tags to your products. Follow the similar steps as adding the judgeme_excluded tag above.
After adding the tags, you can add the filters to see your tagged products:
The tags also appear in the Tags section inside each product page:
- You have to add tags on both the product side (Judge.me) and on Shopify Product Dashboard.
- You need to create your custom tags before adding them to in the Shopify products
- Adding custom tags will not affect existing customers and orders.
1.3. Blacklist your customers with judgeme_excluded tag
Go to the Customers Dashboard > Choose the products you want to blacklist > More actions > Add tags
- Enter judgeme_excluded > Save
After adding the tags, you can add the filters to see your tagged customers:
The tags also appear in the Tags section inside each customer page:
You can also see the list of blacklisted customers by going to Blacklist Automation Tag, and click on Show blacklisted customers
1.4. Blacklist your orders with judgeme_excluded tag
Go to the Orders Dashboard > Choose the order you want to blacklist > More actions > Add tags
Similar to products, you can see the tagged orders by using filters or going to the Tags section in specific order pages.
2. Remove tags to resume sending out review requests
- Go to the Orders Dashboard, then apply the filter to find the orders with the tags you want to remove.
- Select the orders you want to remove the tags > More actions > Remove tags
- Type in the tag(s) you want to remove (judgeme_excluded or your custom tags). Then click Save.
- You can apply the same steps in the Products or Customers dashboards if you want to remove tags from a product or customer.