When you import reviews from AliExpress, you need to input:
(1) the URL of your AliExpress product and
(2) the name of the Shopify product you want to import reviews
If either of these fields is not valid, you'll receive an error message. In this article, we'll show you how to solve these errors.
1. "Valid AliExpress URLs must have aliexpress.com URL" error
This error appears when the AliExpress URL you input is not in the right format.
To solve this issue, please make sure that:
- You input a complete AliExpress URL.
- You select the URL of a product page, not the homepage or a collection page.
Typical URL formats are:
- https://ru.aliexpress.com/item/32958448769.html (local domain)
- https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32609868705.html (mobile view)
2. "Product not found" error
We apply the fuzzy search (https://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/fuzzy-search) to return the list of your Shopify products as you type the product name. If the product name you input matches a current product in your Shopify store, a green checkmark will be shown. Otherwise, a "product not found" error will occur.
To solve this issue:
- Please make sure the product name you input is correct.
- Try resetting your product information. A product is not found in AliExpress Review Importer because the app didn't receive your product information during installation. In order to reset the product information, you can:
- Go to your Shopify Products admin
- Choose the products, then set them as Draft and then Active again.