Have a bunch of questions and answers from other sources? You can import them easily to your Judge.me review app now. We support Q&A import from Yotpo and direct import via a CSV file.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. How to import your Q&A to Judge.me
- From Judge.me admin dashboard, click on the More button > Import and Export
- Then choose Import/Export Q&A > Import Q&A
- Download the sample CSV file HERE. Make sure your Q&A file follows this format. Check the next part for references of each column in the CSV.
- Select Q&A Source. We support Q&A import from Yotpo or direct import
- Upload your Q&A CSV file. Then click Import Q&A.
- You'll be automatically redirected to the Questions and Answers dashboard. Refresh the page after a few minutes to see your newly imported Q&A. We'll also send a confirmation to your admin email, announcing the import status.
2. Meaning of each data in your CSV file for Q&A import
|Column in CSV file||Optional or required?||Meaning|
|question_id||optional (if not provided, answers cannot be grouped under one question.)||the unique code of each question|
|question_content||required||the content of the question|
|curated||optional (if not provided, 'ok' is the default value, meaning that your Q&A will be published automatically.)||determine whether the question can be published or not.|
|source||optional||the source of the question|
|asker_email||optional (if not provided, it will be autogenerated.)||the email of the person who asked the question|
|asker_name||optional (if not provided, 'anonymous' is the default value.)||the name of the person who asked the question|
|product_id||semi-optional (required if product_handle is not provided.)||the Shopify product ID|
|product_handle||semi-optional (required if product_id is not provided.)||the Shopify product handle|
|question_date||optional (if not provided, the current time will be used.)||the date when the question is submitted|
|answer_id||optional||the unique code of each answer|
|answer_content||optional (if not provided, the question will be created without answers.)||the content of the answer|
|answerer_email||semi-optional (if not provided together with answer_name, the shop's email will be used.)||the email of the person who answered the question|
|answerer_name||semi-optional (if not provided together with the answer_email, the shop's name will be used.)||the name of the person who answered the question|
|answer_date||optional (if not provided, the current time will be used.)||the date when the answer is submitted|
- You need to provide both answer_name and answer_email so both of them can show up. If you provide only answer_name or only answer_email, both of them won't show up, and the shop's name and shop's email will be used instead.
- If you group several rows under one question_id, we'll take the question info from the first row in that group.
- Learn how to get the Shopify product ID and product handle in this article.
- Learn more about date formats in this article.