The Rich Results Test is the latest tool developed by Google to help you test your structured data and preview your rich results. The test returns errors and warnings that Google detects on your product pages. In this article, we'll show you how to test and validate your structured data with the Rich Results Test.
1. How to validate your structured data with the Rich Results Test
Step 1: Access the Rich Results Test at https://search.google.com/test/rich-results
Step 2: Enter the URL of your product page and click the Test URL button (we recommend testing with Googlebot desktop).
Step 3: If you receive this message, then your page is eligible for rich results.
Your aggregate star rating is shown in the Review snippets section:
You can click Preview Results to see how your stars are displayed on the real Google search results:
2. Troubleshooting for Google rich snippets
Missing field "itemReviewed"
Missing field "itemReviewed" is a common issue that makes your product page not eligible for rich results. It occurs when your theme is not using any Product Microdata Itemscope, or when there is an Itemscope but our Review Widget is installed out of it.
To solve this issue, please follow this instruction:
- From your Judge.me admin, go to Settings > Advanced > Rich Snippets.
- Disable the Aggregate Rating Microdata snippets.
- Wait a couple of hours so our widgets can update, and recrawl your pages again, this error should be gone.
Please let us know, if:
- The aggregateRating field is not listed inside the Products drop-down.
- There are more than two Products drop-down (this usually happens when the Product Microdata Itemscope or the Product JSON-LD Script are duplicated).
- You star rating, e.g. 4.9 ★★★★★ (8), doesn't show up in the Preview Results.
If you still have other issues that make your page not eligible for rich snippets, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will look into it for you.