Available on the Awesome plan and for Shopify only
Judge.me will send automatic review requests after your Shopify orders are fulfilled. But if you have orders fulfilled before you install Judge.me, this article will show you how to schedule manual review requests to collect reviews from these old customers.
Schedule manual review requests
- In Judge.me admin, choose Requests > Requests dashboard.
- Click Add manual requests on the top right.
- Enter the date from which you want us to start fetching the orders.
- Choose the maximum number of emails a buyer should receive (1 is recommended).
- Click Send Review Requests for Old Orders.
- We fetch all fulfilled orders in Shopify from the date you enter to the current date (maximum 5000 orders).
- We will skip the orders that are unfulfilled or already processed before, and apply your Email Blacklist or Blacklist Automation by Tags settings to the remaining ones.
- We also skip the request if the buyer already received a review request for another order in the last 7 days. That means, we will only send at most 1 email for each buyer.
Review the results
After you click Send, we will process the requests and send a notification email with the details to all email addresses listed in Settings > Review request > Admin Notifications.
You can also double-check in the Requests dashboard. The line items scheduled manually will be highlighted with a red stripe on the left.
After the requests are scheduled, we'll wait for 10 minutes before sending the emails.
This allows you to check the requests and skip certain requests (if needed) by clicking Don't send for this request in the More column in the Requests dashboard.