TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Curate reviews
- Edit reviews
- Reply to reviews
- Delete (archive) reviews
- Search and filter reviews
- Request an update in reviews
- Move reviews to another product
- View order associated with reviews (Shopify only)
Review dashboard is where you can see and curate all your reviews, both product and shop reviews from all available sources (web, emails, imported, SMS, etc.). From the Reviews dashboard, you can choose whether to publish your reviews or hide them, reply to your reviewers, feature the reviews on the Review Carousel, share them on social media, and so on.
1. Curate reviews
By default, new reviews will be published automatically. You can adjust the Autopublish rating to determine the minimum rating for auto-publishing. For example, only reviews with at least a 4-star rating will be published. If you don't want to unpublish any reviews, simply click Hide to remove them from your shop.
*Note: Judge.me recommends you publish all of your reviews - even the bad ones. The only reviews that you should remove from your site are ones that you know are fraudulent.
Otherwise, you can choose to turn off the auto-publish feature to curate your reviews before publishing them. In this case, all reviews collected or imported will be hidden by default, and you can either Publish or Hide them.
Restrict web reviews
By default, everybody visiting your product pages will be able to leave a review. However, you can restrict review creation by disabling web reviews:
- Restrict review creation: This hides the “write-a-review” button so it is not possible to leave a review via the widget on the website. Reviews creation is restricted to (a) verified buyers from our review requests, or (b) programmatically via API.
- Heavy restriction enabled: In addition to the above (“write-a-review” button hidden), API requests are also disabled, so spammers with bots/code that target shops will not be able to create fake reviews.
*Note: web reviews are not automatically marked as verified reviews although they may come from verified buyers. If those reviewers are from verified buyers, we'll send them a verification email, then they need to click on the link in this email to verify their reviews.
You can also enable web reviews spam filter to detect spam reviews (available in our Awesome plan). When you enable this, Judge.me will detect and filter out spam reviews coming from the "write-a-review" form on your webpages as well as via API using a third-party spam filter. You can use this setting to filter out spam if you want to continue to allow review creation via the web and API.
2. Edit reviews
You can edit existing reviews to fix typos or small inaccuracies. To edit reviews, click on the More icon and choose Edit Review.
An edit pop-up will appear and you can change the Name, Review Title, and Review Body.
- Leave a field blank if you don't want to change it.
- In line with our authentic policy, we do not allow star ratings to be edited to maintain the integrity of reviews on Judge.me. If you think the star ratings need to be updated, please send an email to your reviewers to ask for a review update.
- Make sure to enter the Reason for edit so everyone (including us) knows why the change happened.
- After you submit the changes, your customer will receive an email to ask whether he or she will approve the changes.
*Note: Reviewers can log into their reviewer's profiles to see the reviews they have submitted. If they have logged in, you can't edit the reviewer's data (name, phone number, etc.) via API or Shopify store admin. You can still request a name edit using the Edit reviews feature, which can be either approved or disapproved by the reviewers.
3. Reply to reviews
You can reply to your reviews from the Reviews dashboard by clicking Reply. You can choose between:
- Public reply (widget): The reply will show in the Review Widget, and a notification will be sent to your customers.
- Private reply (email): An email will be sent to your customers.
You can change how your shop's name appears in the replies by going to Settings > Review Widget > Widget Body > Shop and Reviewer Details. Note: Reviewer Location is only available in our Awesome plan.
4. Delete (archive) reviews
To delete your reviews please follow these steps:
- Go to the Reviews dashboard: https://judge.me/index.
- Select the All Reviews tab.
- Select the reviews you want to delete, then choose to Hide those reviews.
- Apply the Hidden Reviews in the review filters.
- You'll see a blue banner with a short notice about hidden reviews. Click on the Click here link to delete all your hidden reviews. This action will delete your hidden reviews immediately. Otherwise, all hidden reviews are automatically deleted after 7 days.
5. Search and filter reviews
From the Reviews dashboard, you can:
- Navigate among different tabs to see All Reviews, Product Reviews, Shop Reviews, Archived Reviews and Spam.
- Filter your reviews from the drop-down menu
- Search for reviews from a specific product by typing the product name or product ID
6. Request an update in reviews
It's now easier than ever to ask for a review update on Judge.me, which is useful in several cases, for example:
- After receiving 1 or 2-star reviews, you have addressed the reviewers' concerns (e.g. shipped them a new version of the product if the original one was broken); now you want to encourage them to update their reviews and describe the current experience.
- You have just enabled the photo/video reviews or custom questions; now you want to encourage your reviewers to update their photos or answers on their reviews.
Check this article for more details about requesting a review update.
7. Move reviews to another product
- Find the review you need to move
- Click on the "3-dot" icon for "More" on the top right, then click Move.
- Look for the product you want to move to or insert its product handle. Select "Make this review a shop review" if that is what you prefer instead.
- Then click Move
8. View order associated with reviews (Shopify only)
From each verified review in the reviews dashboard, you can navigate to the Shopify orders that include the line items being reviewed. Please go to your Reviews Dashboard and from there:
- Find the review you need to view the order.
- Click on the "3-dot" icon for "More" on the top right, then click View Order.
- Then the system will redirect you to the corresponding Shopify order.
- This feature is available only for Shopify orders.
- Only reviews associated with an order will have the “View Order” button. Imported reviews will not have that button.