Got your first reviews? Start managing them in the Reviews dashboard now.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Curate your reviews
- Edit reviews
- Reply to reviews
- Delete reviews
- Search and filter your reviews
Review dashboard is where you can see and curate all your reviews, both product and shop reviews from all available sources (web, emails, imported, SMS, etc.). From the Reviews dashboard, you can choose whether to publish your reviews or hide them, reply to your reviewers, feature the reviews on the Review Carousel, share them on social media, and so on.
1. Curate your reviews
By default, new reviews will be published automatically. You can adjust the Autopublish rating to determine the minimum rating for auto-publishing. For example, only reviews with at least a 4-star rating will be published. If you don't want to unpublish any reviews, simply click Hide to remove them from your shop.
*Note: Judge.me recommends you publish all of your reviews - even the bad ones. The only reviews that you should remove from your site are ones that you know are fraudulent.
Otherwise, you can choose to turn off the auto-publish feature to curate your reviews before publishing them. In this case, all reviews collected or imported will be hidden by default, and you can either Publish or Hide them.
Restrict web reviews
By default, everybody visiting your product pages will be able to leave a review. However, you can restrict review creation by disabling web reviews:
You can also enable web reviews spam filter to detect spam reviews (available in our Awesome plan). When you enable this, Judge.me will detect and filter out spam reviews coming from the "write-a-review" form on your webpages as well as via API using a third-party spam filter. You can use this setting to filter out spam if you want to continue to allow review creation via the web and API.
2. Edit reviews
You can edit existing reviews to fix typos or small inaccuracies. To edit reviews, click on the More icon and choose Edit Review.
An edit pop-up will appear and you can change the Name, Review Title, and Review Body.
- Leave a field blank if you don't want to change it.
- In line with our authentic policy, we do not allow star ratings to be edited to maintain the integrity of reviews on Judge.me. If you think the star ratings need to be updated, please send an email to your reviewers to ask for a review update.
- Make sure to enter the Reason for edit so everyone (including us) knows why the change happened.
- After you submit the changes, your customer will receive an email to ask whether he or she will approve the changes.
3. Reply to reviews
You can reply to your reviews from the Reviews dashboard by clicking Reply. You can choose between:
- Public reply (widget): The reply will show in the Review Widget, and a notification will be sent to your customers.
- Private reply (email): An email will be sent to your customers.
You can change how your shop's name appears in the replies by going to Settings > Review Widget > Widget Body > Shop and Reviewer Details. Note: Reviewer Location is only available in our Awesome plan.
4. Delete reviews
To delete your reviews please follow these steps:
- Go to the Reviews dashboard: https://judge.me/index.
- Select the All Reviews tab.
- Select the reviews you want to delete, then choose to Hide those reviews.
- Apply the Hidden Reviews in the review filters.
- You'll see a blue banner with a short notice about hidden reviews. Click on the Click here link to delete all your hidden reviews. This action will delete your hidden reviews immediately. Otherwise, all hidden reviews are automatically deleted after 7 days.
5. Search and filter your reviews
From the Reviews dashboard, you can:
- Navigate among different tabs to see All Reviews, Product Reviews, Shop Reviews, Archived Reviews and Spam.
- Filter your reviews from the drop-down menu
- Search for reviews from a specific product by typing the product name or product ID