Do you want to get more information from your customers beyond star ratings and reviews? Try our Custom Forms now. This feature helps you understand more about your customer preferences and hidden concerns. The more insights you get, the better products and services you can offer.
How to enable your Custom Forms
To enable your Custom Forms, follow these steps:
- From your admin dashboard, go to More > Custom Forms
- In the Custom Forms dashboard, you can choose from our templates or Add a new custom form
- Click Add a question to add new questions, or simply edit the existing ones if you are working on a template. Here are the custom form's fields you need to fill in:
- Custom Form Name: internal name of your custom form for easier reference
- Active status: If checked, your custom form's questions will be shown in your Review Widget and review request emails after you saved it.
- The questions of this custom form will be added to: You can choose to display your custom form's questions on all products, some specific products that you tagged, or only on shop reviews collection.
- Required: check this box to require your customers to answer this question
- Hide from Widgets: If you choose the option Hide from Widgets, the review form still shows that question, but the answers to that question will be hidden.
- Display title and Question: the title and questions that will be shown to your customers
- Question type: You can choose among a single choice, multiple choices, rating scale, and plain text.
- Click on the small arrows on the right to collapse your questions, and drag and drop to adjust their positions
- The Active status of your custom forms is displayed in the right columns. You can deactivate any custom forms by unchecking the Active box. You can also edit, copy, or delete the custom forms.
- You can create up to ten custom forms, but be cautious because your Review Widget or review request emails may end up being too long.
- If you delete a question, you will also delete all answers to that question too.
- One question can have many options. Giving options a convenient way to prefill the form for your customers. Deleting or editing an option doesn't affect any existing answers.
- Changing the question type of an existing question only works for questions that have no answer yet. To change the question type of questions that have answers already, please create a new identical question but select a different question type and disable the previous question.