Ready to showcase your reviews and collect even more? Check the Review Widget 101 guide now. In this article, we'll show you how to install and customize your Review Widget to make the most of this feature.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What is the Review Widget?
- Review Widget installation
- Review Widget customization
1. What is the Review Widget?
The Review Widget helps you collect and display your product reviews and star ratings on your product pages. This widget serves as social proof on your product pages, allowing your customers to evaluate your products, and provides additional information on top of your product descriptions. You can install the Review Widget and choose star color on our Forever Free plan, while the three widget themes and full customizations can be unlocked on our Awesome plan ($15/month).
Need more inspiration for the Review Widget? Check our examples page.
2. Review Widget installation
The onboarding process will take you through installing the Review Widget. If you enable the Review Widget, it is automatically added to the bottom of your template/product liquid file.
If you haven't installed it during the onboarding process, you can enable it later in the settings. The Review Widget will be manually positioned by our Theme Concierge, so please wait for minutes or a few hours to see the actual change in your theme. Learn how to install the widget manually.
3. Review Widget customization
If you are on the Awesome plan, you have various options to customize the appearance of your Review Widget:
You can choose among 3 themes to feature different aspects of reviews in Settings > Review Widget > Widget Themes.
You can customize the design of your Review Widget in Settings > Review Widget. This includes:
- Changing the star color
- Changing the header bar chart, the format of the timestamps, shop and review details, etc.
- Adding review photos and videos
- If you would like to change the position of the Review Widget, or if it's not appearing in your theme for any reason, just write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will manually go over your case and help you.
- Reviewers can change their display name, display name format, as well as display/hide their profile image when submitting a review on your Review Widget. They can also edit and delete the reviews they submitted.
You have many options to manage the reviews displayed on your Review Widget. You can access these settings under Settings > Review Widget > Review Curation.
- Autopublish: If you turn on the autopublish feature, any reviews you received will be published automatically. You can also choose to autopublish only reviews of specific ratings (e.g. auto-publish any reviews with at least 3 stars). If you turn off this feature, reviews will remain "not curated" until you publish them manually from the reviews dashboard.
- Restrict review creation: This hides the “write-a-review” button so it is not possible to leave a review via the widget on the website. Reviews creation is restricted to (a) verified buyers from our review requests, or (b) programmatically via API.
- Heavy restriction enabled. In addition to the above (“write-a-review” button hidden), API requests are also disabled, so spammers with bots/code that target shops will not be able to create fake reviews.
- Enable web reviews spam filter: When you enable this, Judge.me will detect and filter out spam reviews coming from the "write-a-review" form on your webpages as well as via API using a third party spam filter. This is an Awesome only feature. You can use this setting to filter out spam if you want to continue to allow review creation via the web and API (so if you want to be less restrictive and disable the two settings above).
- Personal Identifiable Information censor: Judge.me uses Google Cloud DLP to detect if your reviews contain any Personal Identifiable Information (PII) such as email addresses and phone numbers. This helps you protect the privacy of your reviewers if they accidentally include their information in the reviews.
- Profanity filter: The profanity filter allows you to censor bad or negative languages appearing in your reviews, or totally hide these reviews.
- Web reviews are not automatically marked as verified reviews although they may come from verified buyers. If those reviewers are from verified buyers, we'll send them a verification email, then they need to click on the link in this email to verify their reviews.
- If you are under attack, reach out to us at email@example.com and we will help you.
- Besides the review request emails, you can collect reviews directly on your product page via the Review Widget. These reviews can be verified if they are associated with a fulfilled order, and the reviewers have confirmed their reviews via the review verification emails.
- AggregateRating will be added to your Review Widget if you have at least 1 reviews. This will help you display your star ratings in the search results.
- We also have a more detailed article that covers troubleshooting across a few different cases.