Ready to showcase your reviews and collect even more? Check the Review Widget 101 guide now. In this article, we'll show you how to install and customize your Review Widget to make the most of this feature.
ON THIS PAGE
1. What is the Review Widget?
The Review Widget helps you collect and display your product reviews and star ratings on your product pages. This widget serves as social proof on your product pages, allowing your customers to evaluate your products, and provides additional information on top of your product descriptions. You can install the Review Widget and choose star color on our Forever Free plan, while the three widget themes and full customizations can be unlocked on our Awesome plan ($15/month).
Need more inspiration for the Review Widget? Check our examples page.
2. Review Widget installation
The onboarding process will take you through installing the Review Widget. If you enable the Review Widget, it is automatically added to the bottom of your template/product liquid file.
If you haven't installed it during the onboarding process, you can enable it later in the settings. The Review Widget will be manually positioned by our Theme Concierge, so please wait for minutes or a few hours to see the actual change in your theme. Learn how to install the widget manually.
3. Review Widget customization
If you are on the Awesome plan, you have various options to customize the appearance of your Review Widget:
- Widget Themes: You can choose among 3 themes to feature different aspects of reviews in Settings > Review Widget > Widget Themes.
- Widget Design: You can customize the design of your Review Widget in Settings > Review Widget. This includes changing the star color, the header bar chart, the format of the timestamps, shop and review details, etc, as well as adding pictures and videos. Finally, you can make changes directly using CSS if you prefer. Learn more about widget design settings in this helpdesk.
- Widget Text: you can customize all your customer-facing text, such as the Widget Header, Widget Review Form, Q&A Widget Text, and also add custom questions to your review form.
- If you would like to change the position of the Review Widget, or if it's not appearing in your theme for any reason, just write to us at email@example.com and we will manually go over your case and help you.
*Note: Reviewers can change their display name, display name format, as well as display/hide their profile image when submitting a review on your Review Widget. They can also edit and delete the reviews they submitted.
We recommend that you turn auto-publish off, restrict web reviews to prevent spam. If you would like to keep the web reviews setting on, what you can do is to turn on the web reviews spam filter (awesome only). You can access these settings under Settings > Review Widget > Review Curation.
- Restrict review creation: This hides the “write-a-review” button so it is not possible to leave a review via the widget on the website. Reviews creation is restricted to (a) verified buyers from our review requests, or (b) programmatically via API.
- Heavy restriction enabled. In addition to the above (“write-a-review” button hidden), API requests are also disabled, so spammers with bots/code that target shops will not be able to create fake reviews.
- Enable web reviews spam filter: When you enable this, Judge.me will detect and filter out spam reviews coming from the "write-a-review" form on your webpages as well as via API using a third party spam filter. This is an Awesome only feature. You can use this setting to filter out spam if you want to continue to allow review creation via the web and API (so if you want to be less restrictive and disable the two settings above).
Web reviews are not automatically marked as verified reviews although they may come from verified buyers. If those reviewers are from verified buyers, we'll send them a verification email, then they need to click on the link in this email to verify their reviews.
If you are under attack, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you.
- Besides the in-email review form (Single Review Email Template), the Review Widget is the only way for your buyers to enter a review. Also, it serves as a fallback for the in-email review form.
- Review pictures can only be submitted via the Review Widget.
- The structured data for AggregateRating is held by the Review Widget and is required for showing Rich Snippets with review data in Google organic search.
- We also have a more detailed article that covers troubleshooting across a few different cases.